There is a wolf behind

 


A young man participated in a marathon for the first time, he won the championship and broke the world record. The reporter surrounded him and kept asking: "How did you achieve such a good result?"


The young champion gasped and said, "Because there is a wolf behind me."


Facing the surprised and inquiring gazes of the reporters, he continued: "Three years ago, I started to practice long-distance running. The training base is surrounded by high mountains. Every day at two or three o'clock in the morning, the coach will let me get up and train in the mountains. I tried my best, but the progress has not been fast. One morning, while training, I suddenly heard the cry of a wolf behind me. At first it seemed to be very far away, but soon the call was rushed, and Behind me. I knew I was being spotted by a wolf. I didn't dare to look back and ran forward lifelessly. The training day, my results were excellent."


He paused and continued: "The coach was surprised and asked me why, and I answered truthfully. The coach said meaningfully that it was not that you were not good, but that you were missing a wolf behind you."


Later, I learned that there were no wolves at all that morning. The wolf cry I heard was pretended by the coach. Since then, every time I train, I have imagined a wolf behind me.

Comments