Say your love out loud



 If anyone can't love, no one can understand life. Once I was invited to a foreign country to give a speech on efficient management. On the night of my arrival, a few people from the organizer invited me to dinner, and by the way, I would like to talk about the audience who will come to the speech tomorrow.


Ed is obviously the leader of these people, he is very big and his voice is very low. He told me that he is the manager of a large international company. His main responsibility is to go to some branches to deal with the more difficult personnel issues within the company and terminate the employment of some senior executives.


"Joe," he said, "I look forward to tomorrow's speech, because these people will know that my management style is correct after listening to your advice." He smiled proudly at me.


I smiled and said nothing, because I knew that tomorrow's situation was absolutely different from what he thought. The next day, Ed listened to the whole speech with a dull expression, and then left the meeting without saying a word. Three years later, I returned to the old place and delivered another speech on management to the same audience. I found Ed in the audience. Just before the speech began, he stood up suddenly, pulled his throat and asked me: "Joe, can I say a few words first?"


I jokingly said: "Of course, you are so burly, you just want to say a few words, I dare not stop you." Ed said, "Everyone here knows me, and some of them know that I have recently Today I want to share my personal experience with you. Joe, I must be pleased with my words."



"In a speech three years ago, Joe said that if you want to cultivate a tenacious will, you should first learn to say I love you to the person closest to you. At first, I didn't think so. What is the relationship between numb words and tenacity? Joe said that toughness is different from hardness. Toughness is like leather and hardness is like granite. A person with strong will should be open-minded, indomitable, self-disciplined, and flexible. These words I agree, but what does this have to do with love?"


"That night, my wife and I were sitting at both ends of the living room, still thinking of Joe's words. I suddenly realized that I couldn't muster the courage to show love to my wife. I cleared my throat several times, but the words came. My mouth only made some vague noises, and swallowed the rest. My wife raised her head and asked me what I was muttering. If I had nothing to do, I replied that it was all right. Suddenly, I got up and walked towards her. Nervously took away the newspaper in her hand, and then said:'Alice, I love you.' She couldn't tell to live for a while, tears welled up in her eyes, then she said softly:'Ai De, I love you too. This is the first time you have spoken out about loving me in 25 years.'"


"We were touched and deeply realized that love can resolve all disputes and frictions. Suddenly, as if inspired, I immediately called my eldest son in New York. We have not been in contact for a long time. I heard His voice blurted out: "Son, maybe you thought I was drunk, but I am sober now. I called just to tell you that I love you."


"He was silent on the microphone for a moment, and then said calmly: ‘Dad, I know you love me. I’m so glad to hear you tell me in person. I want to tell you that I love you.’"


We started to gossiping about our daily life, and we had a very pleasant chat. Then I called my youngest son in San Francisco and told him the same thing. As a result, our father and son talked together for a long time. I have never had that kind of warm feeling.


"That night I lay in bed and meditated, and finally realized that what Joe said has a deeper meaning: if I can truly understand the meaning of treating others with love and practice it, I will definitely have a positive effect on my management style. influences."


"I started to read books on related topics, and I learned valuable experience from many people, which made me realize that this philosophy can be applied to all aspects of life, whether it is family or work."


"Some of you know that I have completely changed the way I work with people. I started to listen carefully to the ideas of others; I learned to appreciate the strengths of others more and care less about the weaknesses of others; I also experience the joy of helping others build confidence But the most important thing is that I now understand that the best way to respect others is to encourage them to use their abilities to achieve the goal of everyone’s joint efforts."


"Joe, taking this opportunity today, I want to say thank you. By the way, I would like to mention to you that I am now an associate director of the company and my leadership is quite affirmed. Okay, everyone, now listen to his speech!"

Comments